Whether you are at home or out due to some work or even enjoying holidays out with your doggo, dog food is one of the major concerns of every parent. Indeed, there are varieties of dog food brands available in the marketplace. However, there is no comparison of food available in the market to the food made with extra love and care for your pets at home. Thus, every pet parent wants to feed their pets food prepared with extra love at home but it becomes tough sometimes due to certain reasons.
Though, it can now be made easy by preparing food in an instant pot so that you can be ensured that your pet is eating healthy food. There are many reasons why homemade food is considered a better idea than different dry dog food or canned food available in the market. The foremost reason is the undeniable health benefits of homemade food and this also helps in saving an ample amount of money.
The only challenging part of this is time consumption while preparing homemade food. However, that can now be made easier with an instant pot or crockpot. One just needs to make sure that your dog is getting all the required nutrients that are necessary to maintain their overall health in check and which they are getting from the commercial food. Homemade dog food recipes may be easy, safe, healthy, and nutritious but sometimes they are not a complete required diet required for a pooch's body. Thus, it is always recommended to consult with the veterinarian once before switching to any food to get a better understanding of it.
Some Best Homemade Instant Pot Dog Food Recipes
Check out some homemade recipes for dogs that are easy to prepare, healthy for their health, and help in providing wholesome nutrients to pets.
Chicken & Veggies Dog Food
The mixture of ingredients in this food is helpful in providing plenty of fiber, healthy proteins, vitamins, and some nutrients. However, it might not provide the complete nutrients required for your dog. Thus, this is a restorative supplement for a regular diet but is not recommended as a complete meal substitute.
- 1 cup of green beans
- 2 Chicken breast
- Carrots 2 stalks
- Peas 1/2 cup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup Blueberry
- 2 cups of water
- Add 1 cup of brown rice to the instant pot
- On top of the rice add 2 chicken breast
- After that, add the rest of the ingredients: green beans, chopped carrots, and sweet potatoes, along with berries and peas
- Add the water
- Cook initially at manual high pressure for 25 minutes
- Then natural release for 10 minutes
- It is recommended that if you are using frozen ingredients then cook for a few more minutes.
This recipe is great for the health of both pets and humans. A plate that is full of green beans, brown rice, carrots, sweet potato, etc that your dog enjoys and loves having it.
- 1½ cups of brown rice
- 8 oz of water
- 6 large washed, trimmed, and sliced carrots.
- 2 cups of green beans or frozen peas
- 1 large peeled and cut-up sweet potato
- 1 – 1½ lbs of boneless chicken thighs
- 32 oz of no seasonings chicken broth
- Add 1½ cups of brown rice, sweet potato, carrots, frozen peas, or green beans as per availability, boneless chicken thighs, and broth to the instant pot.
- Place the lid on the instant pot. Set the pressure of the pot valve to seal. Set the meat setting of the pot for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, hit the cancel button to turn off the instant pot.
- Let in natural pressure release for around 35-40 minutes. After it, open the pressure valve so that all remaining pressure will be released. Once done open the pot and stir it.
Dog Food: Combination of Proteins
This food contains a combination of proteins, vitamins, and wholesome nutrients. Along with maintaining wholesome nutrients, this food also encourages weight loss.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cups of chicken broth (make sure that any ingredient doesn’t contain onions)
- 2 sweet potatoes, it should be peeled and diced
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 cup of blueberries (this is optional)
- Initially add everything mentioned above to the instant pot.
- Press manually for 30 minutes.
- Quick release when it beeps.
- Remove chicken from shreds and bones.
- Once cooked and cooled down. You can store it in airtight containers
Wholesome Nutritious Food For Dog
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground chicken, or beef
- 1 cup of brown rice, should be rinsed for about 90 seconds
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups of a frozen vegetable mixture. Like broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, carrots, and peas. One just needs to make sure that the dog shouldn’t face any issues while chewing it.
- Add the oil to the instant pot, hit saute button on the pot, and adjust as per requirements based on high or medium settings.
- After 3 minutes of heating add ground meat. Saute it for around 3-5 minutes until crumbled and it turns out to be light brown.
- After 3-5 minutes, add rinsed brown rice and water. Stir it constantly until combined. Secure the lid, and then hit the keep warm or cancel button. Then hit a manual button on the pressure cook for around 20 minutes at high pressure. Once done quickly release.
- Stir the veggies perfectly until it is combined properly. Let the heat of the pot thaw them for around 2 minutes. Through this, the content of the pot will also cool down properly.
- Once it cooled down, serve it to your dog or pup.
There are varieties of dry dog food and canned food available in the market manufactured by various brands. One can also feed their pooch by mixing these food products together in different forms to provide variations in taste, flavors, textures, etc. Shop Kwik Pets to get a wide range of best quality dog food available in different sizes, materials, textures, etc which are made by different brands to provide your pooch with wholesome nutrients to maintain their overall health in check.