If you are planning to get a pet, you might be considering the options of getting a rodent. However, there are certain misassumptions for the same as well. You might be apprehensive about getting a pet rodent, but we are here to tell you why you need one!
- They are affectionate: Rodents such as hamsters are very affectionate and recognize their owners with their smell and get excited just like any other pet when you are around. However, having said this they are not fixated on having your company. While they enjoy it, they will also enjoy hopping around the cage and stuff food in their fluffy cheeks as well.
- They are small: Rodents are small pets. They do not need as much shifting around the house or other compulsory facilities for accommodation. Having said this, they do need time and love just as much. Their size does not mean that it needs any less love. But they can be more convenient to have as pets, especially in smaller spaces.
- Walks: Having a busy schedule, it might not be possible for you to take them on walks every day. Pets like dogs require these designated walks. Rodents on the other hand can be just put in a wheel or special balls that you can buy for them and you are good to go! If you are someone with erratic schedules, having a rodent is probably the way to go.
- Training: Rodents such as mice have been used for psychological testing so often. This is because rodents are considered to be very smart. You can spend your time. Training your pet rodent the coolest possible tricks! There is various equipment available in the market for Small animal harness and leashes.
- Cleanliness: Rodents are not clumsy. They are quite clean and can be even trained to use specific toilets or litter boxes. They groom themselves, or you could do it for them. They prefer piling their food neatly as well. If you have a rodent as your pet, you probably would not see too much of a mess because of them.
- They love cuddling: If you get a rodent such as a hamster, you will notice they enjoy cuddling. Not only do they give you your space when you need it but at the same time, they also provide you with the cure for loneliness. Who does not love Netflix and chill, but with their pets?
- Nocturnal or not, what do you prefer: When you are planning to get a pet, it is important to consider whether you would be okay with a pet that stays up in the night or the day? This might seem like a harmless decision to make but it can frustrate you over time. When we talk about rodents, it is possible to get rodents who are nocturnal and those who are not as well. There is a lot of variety in rodents.
These are a few of the many reasons why you should get a rodent as a pet. We were sold at their innocent cute faces themselves! However, one common mistake that pet parents make is that they often forget that just because they are smaller and do not require as much as other kinds of pets, it does not mean it is okay to ignore them. Rodents do require your time and attention. It has been observed that they thrive around pet parents who are willing to provide them with love. Do not get a rodent, if you cannot give them the care they need.
Getting a rodent and building their cage with personalized decorations is part of the fun too, so if you are looking for a sign to get a rodent as a pet? This is it.